Yoga in the Himalayan Foothills to Rishikesh
Prices start from : £ 1,879
Day 0: London Heathrow to Delhi
Day 1: Delhi
– 11:40 Hrs: Arrive Delhi airport.
– Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Delhi to Haridwar by train Shatabadi express: 06:45 – 11:45 hrs
– Transfer from hotel to New Delhi railway station in time to board train for Haridwar. Local snacks, tea / coffee and breakfast will be served on board
– 11:45 Hrs: Arrive Haridwar railway station.
– Upon arrival at Haridwar railway station drive to Rishikesh : THE YOGA CAPITAL OF THE WORLD: Ever since the Beatles rocked up at the ashram of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the late ’60s, Rishikesh has been a magnet for spiritual seekers. Today it styles itself as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’, with masses of ashrams and all kinds of yoga and meditation classes. Most of this action is north of the main town, where the exquisite setting on the fast-flowing Ganges, surrounded by forested hills, is conducive to meditation and mind expansion.
– In the evening, an almost supernatural breeze blows down the valley, setting temple bells ringing as sadhus (‘holy’ men), pilgrims and tourists prepare for the nightly ganga aarti (river worship ceremony). You can learn to play the sitar or tabla; try Hasya yoga (laughter therapy), practise meditation or take a punt on crystal healing.
– Check in at Dewa Retreat – “Dewa” or Deva is the Sanskrit word for divine being or God in Hinduism. It also means “celestial” or “shining”, from the root. Dewa Retreat is a Boutique Retreat & Spa ensconced amidst the foothills of the great Himalayas near Laxman Jhula.
Day 3 – 9: Rishikesh
– Daily Morning and Evening, 1 Hr Yoga session by experienced Yoga Teacher.
Day 10: Haridwar to Delhi by train shatabadi express: 18:15 – 22:45 hrs
– Morning at leisure.
– 12:00 noon standard check out time
– Transfer from hotel to Haridwar railway station to board train for Delhi. Local snacks, tea / coffee and Dinner will be served on board.
– 22:45 hrs: Arrive New Delhi railway station.
– Upon arrival at New Delhi railway station transfer to hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 11: Delhi to London Heathrow
– Transfer from hotel to airport in time to board flight for London Heathrow